* The pre-race meeting and dinner will be held at the Rancho Santa Margarita Bell Tower Center on Friday,
February 25th from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. The address for the Bell Tower is 22232 El Paseo, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA. The dinner is free for 50 and 100-mile entrants; for all
others (crew, supporters, half and full marathoners), the dinner will be 10 dollars. We will be going over the final race instructions at the meeting.
* Still need volunteers for the race. If you know anyone who can volunteer they can earn a free entry to a future www.charliealewineracing.com
* 100-mile runners will get a complimentary race photo at the finish (or mailed if not available), photographers' choice of photo. Other runners will be able to pre-order race
photos at a discount on race day or at www.skypointphoto.com
after the race. Complimentry race photos for 100-mile runners courtesy of
Rocky Road Runs and Sky Point Photo a $14.99 value.
* Our newest sponsor, BudCon has generously donated a free bud control for your head phones to all runners of the Rocky Road Endurance Runs! To find out more about Bud Control visit
our sponsors website.
* The top three male and female finishers in the 50 and 100-mile races will get a pair of Recofit Calf Compression sleeves.
* 1st place male and 1st place female in the 50 and 100-mile races will receive a certificate for a pair of Montrail Running shoes from the San Diego Running Institute, one of our race sponsors.
In addition, all runners will receive a discount coupon to the San Diego Running Institute's store.
* 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place male and female for the 50 and 100-mile race will receive a pair of calf compression sleeves, courtesy of race sponsor RecoFit.
* The 2011 Rocky Road 100-mile race will feature a rematch of one of the greatest 100-mile races of all times, the 1996 Rocky Raccoon 100. Eric Clifton ran the fastest 100-mile trail race in
13:16, and Ben Hian finished in 14:19. These two will be doing battle again 15 years later. Should be an epic rematch.
* We will have a special silver sub-24 buckle for those runners who finish the 100-mile race in one day.